Arkansas SHOP - Enrollment and Maintenance
No carriers in Arkansas chose to participate in the Arkansas SHOP for Plan Year 2019.
Therefore, it is no longer feasible for the Arkansas Health Insurance Marketplace (AHIM) division of the Arkansas Insurance Department to support the enrollment and maintenance platforms for medical and dental coverage.
Arkansas’s small business group insurers have been transitioned to a direct relationship with their coverage providers.
Responsibilities for Plan Year 2019
- Support and maintenance for medical coverage is the responsibility of the carriers;
- Medical invoices are being generated and mailed to employers by carriers; and
- Payments will not be processed through the AHIM Division.
What happens at group renewal time?
Agents/employers will be contacted, directly by carriers, with renewal options.
What about local agent, carrier and call center support?
Small business groups continue to have the support of local agents, carrier representatives and call centers:
- AFMC Call Center
(844) 355-3262—available 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (CT), Monday—Friday
- AID Consumer Services Division
(800) 852-5494—available 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (CT), Monday—Friday
- AID AHIM Division
(800) 282-9134—available 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (CT), Monday—Friday
Help is also available at:
Arkansas BCBS Call Center/Customer Service
(800) 238-8379—available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (CT), Monday—Friday
BESTLife Call Center/Customer Service
(800) 433-0088—available 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. (CT), Monday—Friday
If you have specific questions, please contact:
Dwayne Pierce - Lead Sales Executive, Corporate Marketing
BEST Life Dental
Benjamin Lacomble - Project Manager