- Can I change to a plan outside the Marketplace?
Yes. Insurance plans are the same on and off the Marketplace.
But, if you buy insurance off the Marketplace, you will not be able to get help with the cost.
- Health insurance costs a lot. How can I be sure I can afford it?
If you buy a plan on the Marketplace, you may qualify for a lower monthly cost (premium). About 8 out of 10 Arkansans enrolled in the past got help.
- How is my premium tax credit different than what I had last year?
Your tax credit is based on current information about your income and household size.
Help with cost is based on your expected income, not last year’s income.
That’s why it’s so important to update your application. Make changes to your income and household you expect for next year. It's the only way to be sure you’ll get the right tax credit and other savings for the year.
- I need help understanding the plans and/or enrolling. Where do I go?
Licensed experts in your area can help you compare the plans and enroll. Find help near you today.
- My health insurance company letter says it isn’t offering my plan this year. What can I do?
If your insurance company letter says you can’t get your plan or one like it for last year, you’ll be put on another similar plan.
Log on to your account to see other plans you can get. Plans and prices change every year. There may be a plan you like better.
Take action by December 15, or you will be re-enrolled in your current plan or one like it.
- What does health insurance through the Marketplace pay for?
Plans on the Marketplace and plans through employers must cover the same things.Benefits of the plans include doctor’s visits, prescriptions, care to prevent health problems at no cost, and more.
- What if my premium went up, my plan changed, or I don’t like the plan I’m offered for next year?
Log into your account to update your application, view new plans, or change your plan.
There may be new plans and prices for next year. Take action by December 15, or you will be re-enrolled in your current plan or one like it.
Learn more about plan renewals or changes here.
- What is different about health insurance through the Marketplace?
Plans on the Marketplace come from top insurance companies and cover the same full set of benefits as plans through employers.
The difference on the Marketplace plans is that you may get help with the cost.
- When are important deadlines for next year's coverage?
November 1: Open Enrollment starts. This is the first day you can enroll or change your plan for the next year. The start of coverage can be January 1.
December 15: Last day to enroll or change plans to start on January 1. After that, you can enroll or change plans only if you have a life-changing event, like divorce or having a baby. Such events qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period.
January 1: The start date for those who enroll or change plans by December 15.
- When can I enroll?
Open enrollment started November 1 and the deadline to enroll is December 15.
You can learn about plan choices, what you need to enroll, and where to find help in your area to enroll.